I left with my friend Amol on the night of 18th this month to a city which SIMPLY ROCKS…
Ahmedabad and its people are amazing, high-spirited, fundoo and really chilled out.
We reached Ahmedabad on the morning of 19th to attend BarCampAhmedabad held at Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship(CIIE) in the new campus of IIM Ahmedabad, the first to be held in Ahmedabad and Gujarat.
It started off with the intro where the offline wiki was built up with two threads of sessions.
The sessions I attended were:
- Prof. Sanjay Bannerjee: The Mind frame of an Entrepreneur , What it takes to succeed as an Entrepreneur? The essentials, the dream,the strategy.
I missed out on half of the session
- Ankur Shukla: Gave a session on his Entrepreneurial journey from his college days to now.. a 1.8 cr firm Kudos Infomedia
- Ruchit Surati: Demonstrated an application to control and access a mobile phone over the internet.
- Raxit Sheth: MyKavita.com teaser
- Sashi from NirmaLabs: Motivational Marketing
- Tapan Shah: Facebook Applications
For pics and presentations of BarCampAhmedabad, check out:
People I enjoyed meeting in BarCampAhmedabad:
- Ankit Shrimali
- Shalvi Agarwal
- Ashwin Madala
- Ruchit Surati
- Netra Parikh
- Ankur Shukla
- Aditi Gupta
- Vinay Modi
- Tapan Shah
- Vijayendra Haryal
- Adel Anwar
More about the remaining part of our trip on the next post… Want to keep that separated from the BarCamp post actually.